Booking Terms and Conditions
- Booking Terms and Conditions: The following terms and conditions apply to your booking with us. By paying a deposit and booking with us, you are entering into a legally binding contract and accept these Terms and Conditions in full. At Cambridge House we aim to make our Terms and Conditions as clear and simple as possible. However, if you are unsure of anything, please ask us prior to booking.
- Prices are for bed and breakfast with en-suite facilities. Maximum occupancy for each room is as per bed; double: 2 people, single: 1 person.
- Children: As we don’t have a family room and for safeguarding reasons, we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 18 years of age.
- Pets: One dog is allowed by prior arrangement in Tether @ £5.00 per night which is donated to The Dogs Trust or Blue Cross. Dogs are not allowed in the lounge or dining room and should not be left unattended in guest bedrooms.
- Deposit: A deposit equal to the first night is required to secure your booking. You will be required to provide your card details which are stored securely by our booking system. Deposits are normally non-refundable unless exceptional circumstances apply e.g. Coronavirus (please see the separate details for Coronavirus).
- Payment: The balance owing must be paid on or before the final morning of your stay. In order to reduce contact at check-out, where we have your card details, we will aim to take the balance remotely but we do have a card machine for those who prefer to use one. We accept payment by cash, credit card or debit card or BACS if paid prior to arrival. We do not accept American Express. Your card details will be retained and stored securely and will be used in the event of cancellation, damage or breakages.
- Cancellation: When you make your booking and we have received the required deposit or taken your debit or credit details to secure your booking, a legally binding contract exists between us so your deposit is non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances. (See Coronavirus details). If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival date, you are liable for the full amount owing for your stay. We will make every effort to re-let the room, but you may still remain liable to pay in full or in part for the booking, even if you are unable to take your holiday. If for some reason you do need to cancel, it is important that you tell us as soon as possible so that we may attempt to re-let your room and minimise your loss. We advise that you take out cancellation insurance to protect you against possible loss. Once booked and your deposit has been paid, your dates and deposit are non-transferable but should you need to re-schedule, we will make every effort to accommodate your request on a goodwill basis and subject to availability. We cannot, however, guarantee that we will be able re-schedule your booking to your preferred dates and should you choose to cancel your booking, your non-refundable deposit will be retained. Should Cambridge House need to cancel your booking, we will seek to give a minimum of 7 notice to you but please refer to our Coronavirus details. You will be given the option of a refund of your deposit or an offer of an alternative date for your stay. Cambridge House will not be liable for any additional, associated or consequential costs.
- Amendments by us: We will always try to ensure that if you have booked a specific room that you are accommodated in this room. However, we reserve the right to change rooms if necessary.
- Arrival and departure: Your room is available from 4.00 pm on the day of your arrival. Our check-in time is between 4.00pm and 6.00pm but an earlier or later check-in may be available by prior arrangement. If you think you are going to arrive after 6.00pm, please let us know. On the day of departure, we ask that you vacate your room before 10.00am so that we can prepare the room for our next guests. Failure to depart by this time may result in an additional charge.
- Damage and Breakage: We understand accidents may happen and are sure you will take every care while you are staying with us. We do reserve the right to charge for damage or breakages we consider to have been deliberate or recklessly caused. We also reserve the right to charge for the room should we be unable to re-let due to damage caused. We do not accept liability for damage or loss to your property or vehicle(s) or injury to you whilst on our property unless caused by negligence by us. We will dispose of any property left behind, after one month of departure unless contacted by you.
- Your stay: Please respect the comforts of your fellow guests by minimising noise between 10.00pm – 8.00am particularly from TVs, and when moving around Cambridge House.
- Car parking: There is car parking on site in front of the house and although the spaces aren’t allocated to a specific room, please be mindful that there is space for one car per room. All cars and belongings are left entirely at the owner’s risk and Cambridge House is not liable for any damage caused.
- Smoking: For the comfort of all our guests, we respectfully remind you that Cambridge House is totally non-smoking, this includes the use of e-cigarettes.. We reserve the right to charge for one night’s stay should we be unable to re-let the room as a consequence of smoking in the room.
- Accessibility: For details of accessibility at Cambridge House, please see our separate Accessibility Guide on our website.
- Coronavirus: During the Coronavirus pandemic, we recognise circumstances or events may affect your booking which are completely out of your or our control such as travel restrictions and closures. If restrictions are enforced by the government which mean that you are unable to travel or that we must close, we will transfer your booking and deposit to new dates. If this proves to be impossible, then we will refund your deposit. If you receive a positive test result or are told to self-isolate, we will re-schedule your stay with no loss of your deposit. In the case that we are told to self-isolate we will have to close and we will give you as much notice as possible and will transfer your booking or refund your deposit. We do advise taking out travel insurance which covers Coronavirus travel restrictions.